I thought ordering a box of samples would be my first and maybe last purchase from Spirit Beauty Lounge. Hah! How wrong. So, here’s what I ordered – I received 9 samples for a flat rate of $25 (free shipping). I also received a $10 off coupon code towards any future order. It’s these coupons that almost always get me. For reference, I am in my late 20s with normal to dry skin and have some dry patches around my mouth and chin. I’m also break out prone with an oily forehead.
- Kahina Giving Beauty Toning Mist – Very watery with a light floral scent. The sample was good enough for 2-3 uses. It was equivalent to spraying tap water. I will not be purchasing this.
- Kahina Giving Beauty Antioxidant Mask – This was a single use sample. This mask goes on very smooth and dries without stretching your skin in about 20 – 30 minutes. It has very small granules that help with mild exfoliation when you take the mask off. I liked this mask quite a bit, but my skin wasn’t any better compared to what it looks like with cheaper, organic and natural masks. I will not be purchasing this.
- MUN No. 1 Aknari Nighttime Dream Youth Serum – I really love the fragrance of this how and how moisturizing it was, but the oil didn’t make my face”glow” the next morning. I also had some tiny breakouts. The sample was good enough for 3 uses (about 2-3 drops each use). I think this oil can be used both AM and PM. I will not be purchasing this.
- Tata Harper Hydrating Floral Essence – The sample was good for 2 uses. I’ve read reviews elsewhere on beauty blogs where some have called this mist the Cadillac of toners and I couldn’t agree more. It has a lovely floral scent which I personally loved, but I can see how some might take offense since it is rather strong, but dissipates quickly. It’s really hydrating as well. It is definitely quite expensive; so, this will have to be a rare splurge when I am in the mood.
- Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask – I have used it once so far and can easily squeeze in another use. The mask has a strong floral fragrance, just like the floral essence. Very cooling. After I took the mask off, I definitely saw a slight glow, but nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe I’ve just been using stellar skincare everyday which is why these masks don’t really wow me like the way they would if I were to use mediocre skincare. I might buy this just for the fragrance once I get through my huge stash of masks.
- Tata Harper Replenishing Nutrient Complex – This is a very rich face oil that’s supposed to be used only thrice a week. It has the trademark Tara Harper jasmine-rose floral scent which I absolutely adore. So far, I’ve used it thrice during night time after cleansing and toning and have barely made a dent in the sample. I think I can get at least three more uses out of the sample. Next morning, my face had that glow/radiance that we all crave for and zero breakouts. The full size product retails for $45 for 10 ml, which is definitely pricey, but I can imagine this oil lasting for a really long time. I will be purchasing this when I want to buy another face oil.
- Amala Rejuvenate Treatment Oil – I’ve used this oil thrice and barely made a dent in the sample, which I think is about 1.5 ml. I can probably get another 3-4 uses out of it. All three times, I’ve comfortably used this oil as a morning moisturizer, sometimes under my sunscreen. It didn’t make my face shiny or oily. The oil doesn’t seem to have any fragrance, except for the natural oil smell. I am huge into lovely, heady fragrances and it’s just a little disappointing to sample such an expensive oil that doesn’t even have any fragrance. I really don’t know if it’s worth $186, at least not at my age when I’m less than 30, with no fine lines or wrinkles to turn back. For this price, I need an oil to be super duper special. I will not be purchasing this.
- A Perfume Organic Perfumed Wine Rose – This is described as “An Oaky and Spicy Fruity Wine”. All I can smell are the spices, especially the peppers and clove. I can’t detect much rose, even after the spices have worn off. This is too spicy for my liking. I will not be purchasing this.
- Honoré Des Prés Sexy Angelic Verrine Eau de Toilette – This scent is described in SBL as “baby powder soft, subtly sweet, feminine scent”. The description is pretty much bang on. Unfortunately, I could hardly smell anything on my wrist 20 minutes after applying this. It’s way too soft and subtle for my liking. It’s way too expensive at $84 for 1.7 oz. I will not be purchasing this.
In summary, the only products I will think of repurchasing are the three Tata Harper products. I am glad I got these samples since most of these products are so expensive and it would be sad to spend all that money and not like anything.